SHIPPENSBURG SPEEDWAY INC.
2013 125cc Sprints
All cars should be constructed to look like Micro Sprints. All cars must be equipped with complete body parts: hood, tail, side panels, belly pan, etc.
- Age restrictions since this is a 125cc Junior Sprint class, the ages are 8-16 years old. (If older than 16 car and driver must weigh 650lbs.) No racing experience required but new drivers may be required to start in rear until deemed safe to draw pill start.
- All chassis will be production type 270 micro sprints.
- Minimum Weight: 600lbs. car with driver.
- All cars must have legible numbers at the discretion of the scorers. No reflective numbers. Numbers must be printed on both sides of tail and wing at all times. Numbers on the top wing must be 12" by 2" width. Any letters must be 6" by 1" width. Numbers of the nose panel must be 6" by 1".
- Roll cage thickness of .065 if six hookups. Must be well gusseted. Minimum 1 1/4" OD tubing. Must be 4130 chromemoly. Complete frame .065 minimum 1" tubing may be used if wall thickness is at least .083.
- All steering and suspension parts that are bolted together must use locking nuts, safety wire or cotter pins.
- All cars must have a firewall to separate the motor compartment and the fuel tank from the driver. Minimum thickness .050.
- The belly pan must extend from the front of the seat to the nose of the vehicle.
- The steering mechanism must be constructed of a minimum of 5/8" rod and 3/8" heim ends.
- Radiators must be mounted so that contact cannot be made by another car.
- All cars must be equipped with nerf bars extending to at least the inside of the tire, but not beyond the outside of the tire.
- Sharp, pointed edges or objects (excluding wings) will not be tolerated in cars. Only nerf bars can extend beyond the center line of the tires.
- The fuel shut-off valve and the kill switch must be functional and accessible to the driver and safety crew.
- All wet cell batteries mounted in the cockpit must be covered and vented out of the cockpit area.
- Brakes must be of sufficient strength so as to stop the wheels in the pits or stop the car while in motion while on the track.
- Belt driven cars will not be allowed. Centrifugal clutches will not be permitted.
- Seat belts and shoulder harness must be in good condition and race approved.
- With driver seated in the car, there must be three inches of clearance between the driver's helmet and the upper roll bar.
- Helmets must be approved for competition, full-face shield (Snell 95 or 2000 approved) required. All drivers are required to wear neck braces, arm restraints, fire resistant suits and racing shoes. Racing gloves are required.
- Each car must have a workable, approved fire extinguisher in their pit area at all times.
- Minimum weight of car and driver – 600 pounds. All added weight must be painted in white and have your car number on it. All added weight must be bolted with washers and lock nuts.
- Wheel base must be 56" minimum and 72" maximum. Car width should not exceed 58" (sidewall to sidewall).
23. Top wings: Maximum size of 12 square feet and must be one piece. Center foil must be square or rectangle in shape with all four corners of the foil at 90 degrees. Sideboards must be one piece, (24x54 inch maximum size). 1 inch by 1 inch turn on front, (leading), top and bottom. Rear edge of panel may have a maximum turnout of 1 inch by 2 inch to the front of the panel. Turn out must be 90 degrees from flat portion of the side panel. Side board top 2/3 of panel must have 2 corners each 90 degrees no variance. Front edge of side panel cannot be behind the lead edge of the foil. Side boards must be mounted 90 degrees to center foil and parallel to each other. No split wings or bi-wings. Side wings, rear wings or rudders are not allowed.
24. Front wings: A front wing is optional, not to exceed 2.5 sq. ft. (360 sq. in.)
- Anything not covered in these rules will be up to the discretion of the tech or track officials, without recourse from drivers or owners. Safety infractions can be cause for a car to be kept out of competition until they have been corrected.
- 125cc class will have a maximum engine displacement of 135cc engine.
NOTE: ANYTHING NOT COVERED IN THESE SPECIFICATIONS WILL BE TO THE DESECRATION OF THE TRACK TECHNICAL PERSONNEL WITH OUT RECOURSE FROM ANY DRIVER OR OWNER. ALL SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVISION.
For more information call Roger Gettel at (717) 532-8581