SHIPPENSBURG SPEEDWAY Inc.
2013 Strictly Stocks & Truck Enduro
No convertibles, No operational all wheel drive cars.
Strictly Stock means Stock!!!!!!!!!
RACEIVERS ARE MANDATORY FOR THIS CLASS!!!!
1. Age limits are verified at the first race with a signed and insurance waiver, which is provided by the track. EVERY DRIVER IS REQUIRED TO FILL OUT A LEGIBLE AND COMPLETE DRIVERS FORM, IF THIS IS NOT DONE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE POINTS UNTIL IT IS DONE!! ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS REQUIRED TO FILL OUT A MINOR RELEASE FORM.
2. For strictly stocks only Maximum stock wheel base 105”. All exterior chrome and hubcaps, all glass, headlights, tail lights, and plastic grills must be removed. If you are unable to attach your original bumper it may be replaced with a 3 inch maximum and no thicker than 1/8 in. I-beam, C channel or L channel, have no sharp edges and stay within the confines of the car body. End caps are mandatory with no sharp or pointy edges and must round into the body, front& rear. All cars must have a chain on the front and rear for tow track hookup.
3. SAFETY: high back race seats are mandatory. All seats must be mounted securely, and located in front of doorpost and to the left of drive shaft tunnel. Safety belts are mandatory and preferably mounted to roll-cage not floor panel. Race approved 4 point min. racing belts in good track approved condition, one release for all belts. Driver side window must have race approved nylon net in good track approved condition. Note check general rules for helmet, suit and neck brace rules.
4. Windshield area must have heavy screen. Holes no larger then 1 inch must be heavier then chicken wire. WINDOW NETS ARE MANDATORY!!! Netsmust be removable.
5. Exhaust can be taken off 48 inches from motor. No after market headers. Exhaust no bigger than 3 inches.
6. Street legal tires only. Tires must be stock passenger tires only. No truck, studded, recaps, racing or trick gumball tires of any kind. Tires may be no smaller than two sizes smaller than original and may be no larger than two sizes larger than original. No bead lock wheels allowed! BOTH 70 AND 60 SERIES TIRES ARE ALLOWED. No American Racers, Hoosier, or McCleary tires permitted. Tire grooving is allowed
7. Sunroofs must be removed & minimum 16 gauge metal welded or hinged on the outside of roof and latch must be accessible from inside and outside. The rear deck (firewall) must be covered with metal. No added weight. Cars must be stock, no structure modifications to frame or body. No fender flares allowed. All 4 fender wells must be in place, in original position & must be stock. No big rust holes or sharp edges.
8. All cars must have at least 3 working brakes. Quick release steering wheels are allowed.
9. ROLL CAGE AND BRACING: Minimum of 1-1/2" OD-.095 wall tubing must be used. Roll cage must be fastened securely to frame with a 6-point design. Uni-body cars are allowed framed bracing for roll cage support only, but no cross bracing. Roll cage may extend from windshield to rear of drivers seat with a loop at the front and rear. A 1"pipe placed in center of windshield or 5 minimum 3/8" rebar evenly spaced from drivers door to center of windshield. Bracing can be done at three places only. Two bars MUST be added from top of cage to extend no further back than the center of the rear axle. 3 safety bars in drivers door, 2 bars in passenger door, or protective steel guardrail on driver’s side door only. Guardrail to be mounted center on door (between bottom of window and bottom of door) and starting 2” behind front wheel well to 2” in front of rear wheel well. Must have a 4” taper and tapered edge must be plated. If passenger door can be opened, must be secured with a chain and bolt system. NO WIRE TIES OR BUNGY CORDS. Driver’s door MUST be permanently secured.
10. Hood & trunk latches must be removed and replaced with accessible pins. All E-brakes must be zip tied or secured down in the release position.
11.NO ENDURO CARS IN THE STRICKTLY STOCK CLASS. NO “RACE” OR SPOON MOTORS.
12. No modifications to suspension. No shock extensions or Heiman joints on shocks. Struts and shocks may NOT be welded. For the Truck & SUV class only cutting of coil springs is allowed for handling.
13. NUMBERING: Must be on roof facing passenger side. Must be minimum of 24”. Must be on both sides of car. We ask that a small piece of metal be placed on right headlamp with your number on it. Coloring of all numbers must be in contrast with the car color and easily visible.
14. MOTOR RULES: all motors will be factory unaltered stock for the make, model and year of the vehicle. Maximum block sizes for the 4 cylinder will be 2.6cc. Maximum block size for the 6 cylinder will be 4.3cc.
15. BATTERIES: If you move battery to inside of car you must have it in a safe container, sealed and secured. If battery is under hood it MUST be covered with atleast 1/8 in. rubber or better.
16. If you move fuel tank inside of trunk it must be mounted with 2 metal straps in a metal box!
17. If carburetor is used it can be no bigger than a 500 2 barrel holly.
NOTE: ANYTHING NOT COVERED IN THESE SPECIFICATIONS WILL BE TO THE DISCRETION OF THE TRACK TECHNICAL PERSONNEL WITH OUT RECOURSE FROM ANY DRIVER OR OWNER. ALL SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVISION.
For more information call Roger Gettel at--(717)532-8581